Python GUI + OpenGL

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at vrplumber.com
Fri Mar 2 12:35:34 EST 2007

Achim Domma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm developing a GUI app in Python/C++ to visualize numerical results.
> Currently I'm using Python 2.4 with wx and PyOpenGLContext, but there
> are no windows binaries for Python 2.5 for quite some time now.
>
> I need a OpenGL context without restrictions and some settings dialogs.
> Is wx + PyOpenGL the way to go? Or could somebody recommend a better set
> of tools/libs?
>
> regards,
> Achim

PyOpenGL 3.x (currently in alpha state, but reasonably usable) works on
Python 2.5, there are no binaries because the system no longer requires
binary versions.  Install the setuptools package, then run easy_install
PyOpenGL and the egg file should be downloaded and installed to your
machine.  The current version doesn't package GLE along with the code,
however, so you'll have to find a DLL for that if you need it.

HTH,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder