[JOB] Sr. Python Developer, Northern VA

Anton Vredegoor anton.vredegoor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 04:59:27 EDT 2007

Steven D. Arnold wrote:

> Neosynapse is seeking a senior software developer located in or

Subtract ten points from your credibility for writing senior here.

> willing to relocate to the Northern VA area to join a project
> building one of the largest grid computing data platforms in the
> world.  Skill and experience required for this engagement include:

Another 10 points minus for claiming to be the "largest" (biggest,
industry leader etc.). Are you looking for a developer or is this just
an ad for your company?

> * at least 7 years experience in professional software development;

Minus 20 points for using the term professional. Open source is cool.

> * at least 3 years of Python software development experience;

OK. You can ask for that. As long as you're not blind when someone shows
you some code. I mean some people can't see code until it's connected to
some 'job'.

> * proven experience with design, implementation, debugging and
> documentation of large projects;

Hmm. Why, may I ask? Can you even code? Who are you anyway?

> * past experience with the development of networking client and
> server software;

You really seem to know what you want, eh?

> * experience using SQL databases in the development of software
> applications;

Experience, experience, experience. Why don't you just re-hire the one
you just fired because he wouldn't say yes to your absurd demands? I
mean after he made a honest guesstimate of the time frame necessary for
the job and you pinned him down to the minute?

> * excellent written and oral communication skills, including the
> ability to clearly explain design choices and discuss alternatives
> with colleagues and managers.

Yeah.

> The following skills are desirable but not mandatory:
> * experience using SAN file systems;
> * experience with general web software development;
> * experience writing applications that leverage Oracle databases;
> * experience writing and integrating C modules with Python;
> * experience with Ruby or Ruby on Rails.

* endure stupid boss messing with the creative process.

> You must be able to function independently as you will work from home
> a significant amount of time on this project.  Limited travel to PA,
> NJ, and CO will be required.  The initial phase of this project will
> last 6 months, with follow-on work planned for approximately 3 years.

Says you. It could be anything from 3 months to ten years, depending on
how often you change your mind.

> If interested and qualified for this position, please submit your
> detailed resume, contact and rate requirements to jobs at neosynapse.net
> with the subject line PY-5.  Principals only.

Go away with that resume **** Why do you think you have a right to my
personal info when you're not giving any? By the way, I'm in Europe,
there's more than just US you know.

A.

/rant