askstring Window to the top under Windows

Tim Golden tjgolden at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 08:48:26 EST 2007

On Mar 6, 1:13 pm, "iwl" <Ingo.W... at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tryed askstring to input some text in my script,
> but some ugly empty Window appears with the
> Input-Window behind and all together behind my
> Console showing my script. So all have to brought
> to the top first by the user - very unconfortable

It's not clear whether you're talking about the usual
"Why do I get a DOS window when I run my python script?"
question -- to which the answer is, in essence, change
your script's extension to .pyw or use the pythonw.exe
executable -- or "Why _when I use askstring_ do I get
an empty window?". If it's the latter, then I don't
know, but can you provide a small example script which
exhibits the behaviour.

TJG