Database module & multithreading

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sat Mar 10 11:00:15 EST 2007

On 10 Mar 2007 07:40:23 -0800, jupiter <anil.jupiter9 at gmail.com> wrote:
>On Mar 10, 8:16 pm, Michael Bentley <rmc... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Thanx for this pointer buddy! I have done my homework. Some Database
>> > modules are not actively maintained some modules  does not work with
>> > Python 2.5. At this moment I am using Sqlite3 which is pretty fast but
>> > it dosent allow me to use multi threading so which database module is
>> > better in terms of multithreading
>>
>> Actually, I think sqlite3 just requires that each thread have its own
>> connection and cursor.
>
>Exception in thread Thread-2:
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "D:\Python25\lib\threading.py", line 460, in __bootstrap
>    self.run()
>  File "url_part1.py", line 161, in run
>    dbacc(self.o, self.dbase).dataenter()
>  File "url_part1.py", line 64, in dataenter
>    self.c.execute('insert into '+self.odbase+' values
>?)',self.odata)
>InterfaceError: Error binding parameter 3 - probably unsupported type.
>
>this is the error I am getting................

Do you recognize that this has absolutely nothing to do with threading?  If
this is the reason you want to switch away from SQLite3, reconsider, because
it's just a bug in your application code, and no matter what database or
adapter you use, bugs in your application code will prevent your application
from working properly.

Jean-Paul