Problem in importing fipy

Larry Bates lbates at websafe.com
Tue Mar 13 19:54:59 EDT 2007

amitsoni.1984 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using fipy for solving an ODE on python.
>
> I am getting an error in the line: "from fipy.meshes.grid1D import
> Grid1D", which says:
> ImportError: No module named fipy.meshes.grid1D
> Importing only fipy also gives a similar error.
>
> I have Python2.4.4, numpy, matplotlib and fipy installed on my
> computer.
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
> Is there any other package in Python with which I can solve ODE/PDEs?
>
> Thank you,
> Amit

Without knowing more we can only surmise that the place
where you installed fipy isn't on your PYTHONPATH so
python can't find the module.

If you haven't already, take a look at:

http://www.ctcms.nist.gov/fipy/installation.html

Manual looks quite good and covers installation well.

It appears you can go here and submit a ticket for help:

http://matforge.org/fipy/newticket

-Larry