a better solution for GUI in python

ce cedb816 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 11 08:21:03 EDT 2007

On Mar 11, 3:05 pm, Paul Rubin <http://phr...@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
> "ce" <cedb... at yahoo.com> writes:
> > My company is using python currently for our website. We need to
> > develop a GUI front-end for our ERP that would be portable (Windows
> > and Linux).
>
> Some reason not to use a browser interface instead of a client gui?

it is a matter of input speed only!
every record posses some calculations and sometimes fresh data from
the database! which i "think" would be slower in the browser than the
local gui client.
I know that i can implement the functionality in the browser using
javascripts, however, i don't know wither it would be as effective as
a local gui or not and which is more convenient.