execution speed increase after compile py code into exe?

Will McGugan will at willNOmcguganSPAM.com
Sat Mar 24 05:14:13 EDT 2007

Michael Bentley wrote:

>> would there be any speed increase in code execution after python  code
>> being
>> compiled into exe file with py2exe?
>>

> No.  I would expect slower startup followed by the same code  execution
> time you'd get from running normally (not that I've  actually tested it,
> mind you).

Actualy startup is faster for the apps that I have py2exe'd. I think
this may be because all the modules are in one place and Python doesn't
have to go searching for them.

Will
--
http://www.willmcgugan.com