PythonCard or Dabo?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Mar 19 14:05:13 EDT 2007

Kevin Walzer wrote:
> I'm curious to know what others think of these two frameworks for
> building wxPython apps.
>
> PythonCard has been around longer, but its development seems to have
> slowed. The last release, 0.8.2, has been out for quite awhile now.
>
> Dabo is newer and seems to have gathered a lot of buzz.
>
> Anyone try both? What's your preference and why? Is one more robust than
> the other?

It's not just a matter of robustness. PythonCard is limited to GUI
development, while Dabo is a fully-fledged application architecture
intended to allow you to build complete suites. So not only does it have
a superior GUI editor, it also has report development facilities and
many other features that simply weren't envisaged for PythonCard.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden