Signed zeros: is this a bug?

Michael Spencer mahs at telcopartners.com
Sun Mar 11 18:58:07 EDT 2007

Gabriel Genellina wrote:

> (I cannot find peephole.c on the source distribution for Python 2.5, but
> you menctioned it on a previous message, and the comment above refers to
> the peephole optimizer... where is it?)

The peephole optimizer is in compile.c - the entry point is optimize_code

BTW, I have written a pure-Python compiler which aims to be functionally
identical to the Python 2.5 compiler, and is in fact very similar (much closer
than stdlib.compiler).  It may be helpful in investigating alternative
workarounds for the -0.0 issue.

http://svn.brownspencer.com/pycompiler/branches/new_ast/

Michael