organizing collections of small modules

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Sun Mar 25 12:44:54 EDT 2007

I have a bunch of small modules that I use within my application.  Most
of these modules are single file modules.  Currently, I have them set up
as stand-alone modules but because it's a royal pain to fetch five or 10
of these modules for each application and tracking whether or not they
are all up to date, I'm considering putting them all into one collection
(rcsoc  a.k.a. random cross-section of code[1]) so it's easier to load,
install, and manage.

Are there better techniques for managing collections of modules in 2.4
or later?

---eric

[1]  derives from the expression that hamburger is "random cross-section
of cow"