Strange method signature via COM

Richard Jebb richarddotjebbatpcfltd.co.uk
Fri Mar 2 15:27:48 EST 2007

After digging around in the group archives I've figured it out. It's not
been helped by my inability to identify the API's COM server/type library in
the list produced by the MakePy utility, so I've largely been flying blind.

Some posts on this same subject back in 1999 revealed the answer, namely
that when win32com encounters a method signature like the one we had, it
expects you to call it like this:

obj.Value("myfield", "newvalue")

If there already exists an interface to Value() with this signature, then it
prepends the original method name with "Set", so that in Python you would
call

obj.SetValue("myfield", "newvalue")

We still have some other issues with the API, but I'm hoping once the
application vendor has revealed what name it will appear under in MakePy we
will be able to sort those out as well.

"Bruno Desthuilliers" <bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr> wrote in
message news:45e87c5e$0$7504$426a74cc at news.free.fr...
> Richard Jebb a écrit :
> > We are trying to use the API of a Win32 app which presents the API as a
COM