Signed zeros: is this a bug?

Jorge Godoy jgodoy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 22:12:04 EDT 2007

aleax at mac.com (Alex Martelli) writes:

> Incidentally (and I know you know that, Paul, but others interested in
> this thread might not) fast exact rational arithmetic (based on the LGPL
> library named GMP) is supplied, among other functionality, by module
> gmpy, currently found at http://code.google.com/p/gmpy/ (this version is
> more recent than the older one at sourceforce, which for some reason
> doesn't let me update things right any more).

For some reason setuptools isn't finding it:

jupiter:~ # easy_install gmpy
Searching for gmpy
Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/gmpy/
Reading http://code.google.com/p/gmpy/
Reading http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi/gmpy/1.02
No local packages or download links found for gmpy
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('gmpy')

I believe that setuptools isn't ready to find packages on code.google.com

--
Jorge Godoy      <jgodoy at gmail.com>