Technical Answer - Protecting code in python

Steven D'Aprano steve at REMOVEME.cybersource.com.au
Thu Mar 22 03:22:07 EDT 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 22:59:46 -0700, flit wrote:

> Going back in the beginning I said :
>
>  "So PLEASE, don't try to convince me about the social / economical /
> open source / give to all / be open / all people are honest until
> prove contrary / dance with the rabbits... "

I have done NONE of that.

I've just pointed out, time and time again, that you haven't asked a
meaningful question.

Even after all these posts, still won't tell us what you are trying to
protect against. People copying your program? Competitors infringing your
patents? Your "corrupt and "bad" government (your words) infringing your
moral rights as an author? Your customer editing your program and breaking
it? Who knows? I don't. I wonder whether even you do.

You keep asking for a technical solution, even if a technical solution
is not appropriate, but you won't tell us what the problem is. Tell us the
threat you want to protect against, and we'll suggest meaningful solutions.

--
Steven D'Aprano