Join strings - very simple Q.

Shane Geiger sgeiger at ncee.net
Sat Mar 24 09:02:23 EDT 2007

import string

def test_join(l):
    print "Joining with commas:                     ",  string.join(l,',')
    print "Joining with empty string:               ",  string.join(l,'')
    print "Joining same way, using another syntax:  ",  ''.join(l)
    print "Joining with the letter X:               ",  'X'.join(l)
    print "Joining with <->                         ",  '<->'.join(l)

l = ['a','b','c']

test_join(l)

"""
Example output:

Joining with commas:                      a,b,c
Joining with empty string:                abc
Joining same way, using another syntax:   abc
Joining with the letter X:                aXbXc
Joining with <->                          a<->b<->c

"""

--
Shane Geiger
IT Director

Leading the Campaign for Economic and Financial Literacy