Python 2.5, problems reading large ( > 4Gbyes) files on win2k

Bill Tydeman bill.tydeman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 08:08:00 EST 2007

Just curious, but since the file size limitation on NTFS is 4 GB, have you
confirmed that it isn't some other part of the interaction that is causing
the problem?   What FS is hosting the files?

On 2 Mar 2007 10:09:15 -0800, paduffy at cisco.com <paduffy at cisco.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've a Python 2.5 app running on 32 bit Win 2k SP4 (NTFS volume).
> Reading a file of 13 GBytes, one line at a time.  It appears that,
> once the read line passes the 4 GByte boundary, I am getting
> occasional random line concatenations.  Input file is confirmed good
> via UltraEdit.  Groovy version of the same app runs fine.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Cheers
>
> --

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.
        Ken Olsen, President, Digital Equipment, 1977
        US computer engineer & industrialist (1926 - )