class / instance question

belinda thom bthom at cs.hmc.edu
Thu Mar 22 22:01:27 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm hoping the Python community knows whether or not the following is
possible, and if it is possible, how I would go about writing code to
do this.

I've written two game classes---Nim and TicTacToe---where each
derives from a Game class that I've created (it is essentially an
abstract base class, where I've used an "abstract()" hack to somewhat
enforce this).

I now want to be able to pass either of these classes into a game-
playing engine, for instance a function

playGame(classOfGameToBePlayed) :

    # inside of which I create a new game using that class's constructor

Is this possible, and if so, how to approach it?

Thanks a lot,

--b