Pycron for windows - please help

Shane Geiger sgeiger at ncee.net
Tue Mar 20 10:57:36 EDT 2007

Here's something else you should consider:  Look at the source code of
pycron.  I just downloaded it.  Much to my surprise, this is implemented
in about 115 lines of code.

In particular, look at the run() function.  You should try adding a
try-except block around the system call to get a hint as to where the
problem lies:

            try:
                 os.system('start ' + command)

except:

                print "Unexpected error to catch:",
sys.exc_info()[0]

I've been trying to use it myself (on a Mac) since I saw you mention it
on the mailing list.  I'm also having problems using pycron.  Email me
directly if you figure out the problem.  I'll do the same for you.

--
Shane Geiger
IT Director

Leading the Campaign for Economic and Financial Literacy