execfile locks file forever if there are any syntax errors - is it python bug?

Slawomir Nowaczyk slawomir.nowaczyk.847 at student.lu.se
Fri Mar 16 05:40:36 EDT 2007

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 07:59:57 -0500
skip at pobox.com wrote:

#>
#>     Slawomir> When I execfile a file which contains a syntax error, the file
#>     Slawomir> becomes locked and stays this way all the way until I exit the
#>     Slawomir> interpreter (I am unable to delete it, for example). I have
#>     Slawomir> tried but failed to find any way to unlock the file... Is this
#>     Slawomir> a bug in Python?
#>
#> Kinda seems like it might be.  Please file a bug report on SourceForge.

I did, and it is a bug, but it seems to be already fixed in SVN.

https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105470&aid=1681020&group_id=5470

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

Does a clean house indicate that there is a broken computer in it?