distributing python software in jar like fashion

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:26:06 EDT 2007

John Nagle wrote:
>      Were Python "eggs" a flop, or what?

No.

>      We need to have one packager that everyone agrees on.
> Otherwise, installs become a mess, and then you have to have
> installers that handle multiple packagers.

Eggs and Squisher are complementary tools. Squisher is good for distributing an
application with all of its dependencies in a single file; it is not a packager
or installer for libraries. Eggs are good for distributing libraries and plugins
and their dependencies.

--
Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."