Interface Implementation in Python

Johannes Woolard johannes.wollard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 07:48:43 EST 2007

'Lo, I think I know what you're asking:

>  I would like to know the interface concept in Python.How the
> Interface is defined and implemented in Python?.

I assume you're talking about the what Java calls an interface - and
the simple answer is that we don't have an equivalent in Python.
This is because in the Python system of classes, interface inheritance
would be unenforceable (because methods can be arbitrarily added at
runtime).

> How to access the interface fromn Client?

I'm not completely sure what you mean here... client class, client of
some protocol? Assuming you mean the client class, my answer above
should suffice (and if not then I am completely missing the question).

Regards,

Johannes Woolard