property syntax

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Mar 8 20:03:59 EST 2007

En Thu, 08 Mar 2007 08:04:38 -0300, <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> escribió:

> Gabriel Genellina:
>> You miss this common way, that does not depend on metaclasses,
>> nor base classes, nor custom decorators...
>
> My purpose was to discuss a new syntax. The other stuff is mostly for
> reference, to show that lot of (some) people has tried to find
> alternative solutions to a problem they feel.

Nex syntax has many disadvantages, so you should come with a greater
analysis of what would be the gain.
Maybe these comments are applicable here:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2007-February/071061.html and
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2007-February/071123.html
(sorry, a long thread, and two subject lines, that's why I had to post two