dict.items() vs dict.iteritems and similar questions

Shane Geiger sgeiger at ncee.net
Wed Mar 14 12:54:55 EDT 2007

# Just by looking at the output, it seems pretty obvious that xrange
would be more memory effcient for large ranges:

print "With range():",range(100,200)
print
print "With xrange():",xrange(100,200)

d = {1:2,2:3,3:4}
d.items()
d.iteritems()

#  I have been curious to use Pysizer (which requires patching Python)
to demonstrate the difference.

--
Shane Geiger
IT Director

Leading the Campaign for Economic and Financial Literacy