Where to "import"?

Bruno Desthuilliers bdesth.quelquechose at free.quelquepart.fr
Thu Mar 8 18:49:42 EST 2007

Paulo da Silva a écrit :
> Bruno Desthuilliers escreveu:
>
>>Paulo da Silva a écrit :

>>>c.py
>>>    class c:
>>
>>        class C(object):
>>
>>1/ better to stick to naming conventions (class names in CamelCase)
>
> Ok. Thanks.

FWIW:
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

>>2/ do yourself a favor: use new-style classes
>
> I still have python 2.4.3 (The gentoo current version).

new-style classes came with Python 2.2.1 IIRC.

> I didn't find this in my tutorial. Would you please enlight me
> a bit about this (class C(object))?

Inheriting from the builtin class 'object' (or from any other new-style
class) makes your class a new-style class. new-style classes have much
more features than old-style ones. Like support for properties (computed
attributes). old-style classes are still here mainly for compatibility
with old code. While there not yet officially deprecated, you can
consider them as such.

> Or just point me out some doc
> to read about.

http://www.python.org/doc/newstyle/