PMW widget - skip tabbing to it

kyosohma at gmail.com kyosohma at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 12:27:51 EDT 2007

On Mar 26, 11:17 am, kyoso... at gmail.com wrote:
> On Mar 26, 10:51 am, "jp" <johnpe... at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I have multiple PMW widgets (EntryFields, ScrolledField etc), how can
> > I skip over these widgets when using the tab key?
>
> > Thank you,
> > John
>
> I would probably write some custom event handling. Something that
> could tell it was a key-press event and not just an on-focus event.
> Then it would be a simple, if key-press == tab, put focus on next
> widget of interest. Something like that should work.
>
> Mike

I looked in my Tkinter book, and it says that if the widget has the
"takefocus" option set to true, the widget is placed in the tab group
and will get focus when they are tabbed to. I assume that this means
if you set the PMW widgets' "takefocus" option to false, they will be
skipped over since they won't be in the tab group.

Mike