New to Python - Easy way to open a text file

Max Steel maxsteel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 15:19:33 EDT 2007

Hmm.. maybe it'd help if I explained that I'm playing with edna
http://edna.sourceforge.net/

I'll play with this simple code:
 f = open(r'pathToFile)
 for line in f:
    # do something with the line of text such as print it.
 f.close()

and this one from Skip:
    f = open(plainfiles.href, "r")
    print f.read()

and see if I can make a go of it.. I think it's the template portion that is
mixing me up.. the template is what's used to create the look of the html on
the edna server.

Thanks to all who replied so quickly, much appreciated!
.\\ax

news:pan.2007.03.30.16.39.12.89800 at gmx.net...