lock problem

Leo Kislov Leo.Kislov at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 16:50:19 EDT 2007

On Mar 16, 3:08 pm, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <r... at researchut.com> wrote:
> Leo Kislov wrote:
> > But you miss the fact that there is only one environment per process.
>
> Maybe there's a confusion.
> The environment variable that I'm setting has noting to do with ldapsearch. I
> use the environment variable as a filename to which ldapsearch can redirect its
> output. And that I do is because the output can be huge and useless.
> Then I do some pattern matching on that file and filter my data and then delete
> it.
>
> If you think I still am missing something important, request you to describe it.

Imagine this timeline:

<thread1> os.environ['__kabc_ldap'] = '/tmp/tmp1'
<thread1 suspended, thread2 starts to run>
<thread2> os.environ['__kabc_ldap'] = '/tmp/tmp2'
<thread2> launch ldapsearch (output goes to '/tmp/tmp2')
<thread2 suspended, thread1 starts to run>
<thread1> launch ldapsearch (output goes to '/tmp/tmp2' over output
from ldapsearch launched from thread1)

Seems like that's what is happening to your program.

  -- Leo