Database module & multithreading

fumanchu fumanchu at amor.org
Sat Mar 10 15:57:23 EST 2007

On Mar 10, 6:14 am, "jupiter" <anil.jupit... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just one quick question... Which database module
> should I use when I want to use multi threading
> as my application requires lots of data from
> internet ???? I also want this database module
> to be fast, simple n efficient, in any case
> multi threading capabilities are # 1 requirement.

Any discussion of multithreaded database access should also address
isolation levels and locking scenarios. Have a look at the bottom of
http://projects.amor.org/docs/dejavu/1.5.0RC1/storage.html#comparison
... especially the footnotes. Note that Firebird and SQLite
immediately raise errors on locking conflicts, so you need to write
your own retry mechanisms. SQLServer and MySQL, in contrast, have
their own (configurable) timeout settings.

Robert Brewer
System Architect
Amor Ministries
fumanchu at amor.org