keyword arguments for xml-rpc

proteusguy at gmail.com proteusguy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 05:30:54 EDT 2007

    I've just noticed that I can't seem to use keyword arguments for
xml-rpc requests even though the protocol itself encodes parameter
names, types, and values when it sends the xml across the network.
This becomes a bit problematic for me because I want to store some XML-
RPC method dispatch signatures in a database and can't easily
guarantee parameter order when I load it so being able to pass a
dictionary of name/value pairs greatly eases the development effort
and helps assure correct methods get invoked. Is this a limitation of
the SimpleXMLRPCServer, the xmlrpclib.ServerProxy, or something
completely different?