Matplotlib axes label

John Henry john106henry at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 1 18:10:26 EST 2007

I've been asking this question at the matplotlib user list and never
gotten an answer.  I am hoping that there are matplotlib users here
that can help.

My problem with matplotlib's way of handling axes label is illustrated
by this example:

http://www.scipy.org/Cookbook/Matplotlib/MulticoloredLine

Notice that the y-axis goes from (-1.1, 1.1) but the first label is at
-1.0.   I really don't like that because when I read values off the
graph, I have to keep reminding myself that the origin is at -1.1.
This may seem trivial but if you have to think, walk, chew gums at the
same time you're reading the graph, it gets annoying - particularly if
you have to read lots of these graphs.

Is there a way to force the label to start at -1.1 instead of -1.0?

Thanks,