Program __main__ function

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Tue Mar 13 02:20:42 EDT 2007

Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> writes:

> Now, when I write unit tests for my program (i.e. a Python module
> designed to be run as a command), it can still be imported safely
> into my unit tests, and all the code gets covered by test cases
> except the three-line stanza at the end.

All I need now is for Python to automatically execute a '__main__'
function if the module name is '__main__' (which it seems the OP
expected should happen), and unit test coverage could be 100% :-)

> Htag.pl 0.0.23 -  Simon Huggins <huggie at earth.li>  Released under GPL
> Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Project Purple. http://www.earth.li/projectpurple/
>
> Got sigmatch == ^/home/bignose/\.sigs/news.*$

Er, okay. That was a bit strange. Sorry for the flubbed sigmonster.

--
 \       "I bet one legend that keeps recurring throughout history, in |
  `\           every culture, is the story of Popeye."  -- Jack Handey |