XML based programming language

Jarek Zgoda jzgoda at o2.usun.pl
Mon Mar 19 16:21:29 EDT 2007

stefaan napisał(a):

> No schema checker can take this specification and simply output "22".
> XSLT might be able to implement it, but it is complex for anything
> real-life. Elementtree can immediately give me the concrete syntax
> tree,
> but any semantic actions have to be implemented during a
> manually programmed tree traversal.

Don't you think the lex/yacc combo is complex even in anything in
real-life? The "XML tree simplification implementations" (as Elementtree
can be considered) has other complex tasks to do. Usually implementors
look from document processing perspective and the interface is tailored
to such tasks. ;)

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/