os.system questions

David Brochu brochu121 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 11:26:41 EDT 2007

> From: "Eric Price" <soyouthinkimgonnalikethis at hotmail.com>
> Date: March 31, 2007 9:38:53 AM EDT
> To: soyouthinkimgonnalikethis at hotmail.com, khemkaamit at gmail.com
> Cc: python-list at python.org
> Subject: Re: os.system questions
>

> Oops! The problem isn't in the os.system call. It's in the fact
> that I don't call the function. That is, I write a script called
> "test.py" with a function in it called "freshReboot". Now, how do I
> call that function from test.py? That is, how do I write a cron
> event such that "freshReboot" actually gets called when I run test.py?
> TIA,
> Eric

 >>> Eric - to call a function that is located inside another module
you first need to import that module into the program you are running:

from test.py import * # this would import all functions from test.py
from test.py import freshReboot # this will import freshReboot from
test.py

to call freshReboot in your program you would simply call it by it's
name freshReboot

ex: x = freshReboot()