using python to visit web sites and print the web sites image to files

imx xiong.xu.cn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 20:54:48 EDT 2007

On 3月13日, 上午4时26分, "Paul Boddie" <p... at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> Goldfish wrote:
> > You can definitely create a web bot with python. It doesn't require
> > that you "drive" A real web browser.
>
> That's true, but if you want to print the page to a file, you need
> something that can reproduce the intended layout. The Pyglet library
> developers mention "XML/HTML+CSS" as something the layout engine can
> deal with, which sounds quite impressive if its support of CSS is
> comprehensive:
>
> http://pyglet.org/
>
> Paul

Thanks for all the replies.
I will check pyglet to see if it can help.

The reason I want to do simulation but not just crawling is : we have
to check many web pages' front page to see whether it conform to our
visual standard, e.g, it should put a search box on the top part of
the page. It's tedious for human work. So I want to 'crawl and save
the visual presentation of the web site automatically', and check
these image files later with human eyes.

-Xiong