Circular Class Logic

Paul McGuire ptmcg at austin.rr.com
Fri Mar 16 02:40:11 EDT 2007

On Mar 15, 9:02 pm, half.ital... at gmail.com wrote:
> > > How is that (using 'super') really different from this:
>
> class Disk(Folder):
>   def __init__(self,driveLetter):
>     Folder.Folder.__init__(self, driveLetter + ":/")

Google for "python super" - there is documentation on this, plus some
interesting c.l.py threads and blog scribblings on the behavior and
good/bad aspects of super.  You may be better off using the explicit
class calls as you have.  I always assumed that super, being added to
the language later, represented some form of improvement, but this may
not be 100% correct.

-- Paul