How to receive a FILE* from Python under MinGW?

John Pye john.pye at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 22:13:00 EDT 2007

On Mar 22, 10:55 am, Giovanni Bajo <n... at ask.me> wrote:
> I suggest people to try my GCC 4.1.2 binary installer for Windows which fully
> integrates with Python and has scripts in place to solve the MSVCR71.DLL
> problem. It was announced on this very list a few days ago:
>
> http://www.develer.com/oss/GccWinBinaries

Hi Giovanni,

Thanks very much for that suggestion. It looks like you have done some
good work on addressing this problem.

I wonder if you might be able to expand on what those 'serious
problems' with GCC 4.x on the Windows platform are?

Also, can you comment on how one might use your compiler bundle with
MSYS? In particular, I like to run SCons from an MSYS prompt. Assuming
I don't want to kill my old MinGW and Cygwin installations, how do you
recommend that one proceeds to set up a working GCC 4 environment on
Windows? (I haven't downloaded it just yet; I'm on Linux today!)

Cheers
JP