Python COM called from VB/Delphi

Michał Zaborowski michal.zaborowski at _nospam_wp.pl
Thu Mar 15 19:11:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

Larry Bates wrote:
> I have a rather large Python class that I've converted to
> a COM object.  I can dispatch (using either Python or VB)
> and call the methods perfectly.  Now a new client wants
> to call it from Delphi.  Can anyone out there give me
> any pointers on how that would be done.  Are there any
> "gotchas" about the way arguments or return values
> would need to be different for Delphi.  I have NO Delphi
> experience so I'm completely lost.

   There are components - Python for Delphi.
You can call Python functions / methods from Delphi.
Also - it is possible to create Python class with
underlying Delphi code.

> Secondly, I need a callback function in VB (progress
> meter) that I can pass to Python COM object to show
> progress of https: uploads.  I've tried a bunch of
> different things, but am getting nowhere.  Anybody
> know how to accomplish this?  I need a class that
> has start(), progress(total, count), complete()
> methods that is called from my Python COM object.
> I got one working in Python by using win32's
> win32com.server.util.wrap/unwrap functions but
> the VB one has got me stumped.

   Sorry - my experience with VB is rather poor.

--
Regards,
   Michal Zaborowski (TeXXaS)