Pycron for windows - please help

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Mar 25 12:42:04 EDT 2007

En Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:17:47 -0300, Al <bernala at gmail.com> escribió:

>    I figured it out... Pycron does not work with mapped drives. My
> script was supposed to copy files from a mapped drive to a local
> folder... I had set up my batch command as copy M:\foldername\*.*,
> where M: is a mapped drive pointing to the network share; M: is
> defined on the PC running the Pycron service of course. I changed it
> to read copy \\servername\shares\foldername\*.* and now everything
> works correctly.

Mapped drives are per-user. Usually, services run under the LOCAL_SYSTEM
account, not using the currently logged user (because they may start even
before any user is logged). If you want the service to have access to your
mapped drives, use the service control panel to make it run under another
account.

--
Gabriel Genellina