ZSI, SOAP and .NET web services - problem

Jaroslaw Zabiello hipertracker at filtr.gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 17:26:07 EDT 2007

Dnia Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:44:31 +0100, Laszlo Nagy napisał(a):

> However, it is an interesting question.  Ruby has smaller community,
> how could they implement a standard SOAP lib?

Yes. It is interesting why it is so difficult to make it working for
Python.

> My personal opinion is that SOAP is a piece of shit itself. It is
> hampered from the beginning. If you are interested why, read this:
>
> http://wanderingbarque.com/nonintersecting/2006/11/15/the-s-stands-for-simple/

Hehe, it was good. :)

> XML-RPC is a fantastic, often undervalued protocol. You can create a
> new, secure XML-RPC server in Python within 5 minutes. You can write a
> client for it within one minue. It is REALLY simple. I'm using it
> continuously.
>
> In contrast, SOAP is overcomplicated and anything but simple. No one
> should create new web services using SOAP. We have enough problems with
> the existing ones. :-(

I agree. The problem is, I have to live with this stupid, poor implemented
M$ technology. Ruby and with its standard SOAP library is able to live. Why
Python cannnot?

--
Jaroslaw Zabiello
http://blog.zabiello.com