PythonCard thoughts

John Henry john106henry at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:15:40 EDT 2007

> Do we know more things about the developing of this product, is it
> active/dead or something ??
> I plan to use it to create something that will take a long time to
> finish and i wouldn't want to find out that the product is a dead-
> end...

There is still "some" development work going on but as with *all* open-
source volunteer based projects, there is *no* gurantee that any of
these software projects not be "dead-ended".   How many projects at
SourceForge are still "alive"?  No different from any commercial
project, for that matter.

On the other end, being an open-source project, I myself isn't that
concerned.  I found PythonCard fit my needs - it has been for several
years, and probably remain so for several years to come.  The fact
that there has been no new widgets added to the project for a couple
of years didn't bother me because I have what I need.  I have not run
into situations where my needs can not be met by learning from the
very extensive set of examples that matured with the package over the
years.

Do I wish that more developers pick up PythonCard and add new features
to it?  Certainly.  But then again, I don't have money to pay them.
What can I say?  :=)