is it bug or feature in xml.dom.minidom?

Maksim Kasimov maksim.kasimov at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:36:16 EST 2007

Hi, i'm faced with such a problem when i use xml.dom.minidom:

to append all child nodes from "doc" in "_requ" to "doc" in "_resp", i do the following:

iSourseTag = _requ.getElementsByTagName('doc')[0]
iTargetTag = _resp.getElementsByTagName('doc')[0]

# it prints me that there are two child nodes
for iChild in iSourseTag.childNodes:
	print iChild.toxml()

# when i walk elements, only first iteration was made
# and iSourseTag.childNodes now have only one element instead of two
for iChild in iSourseTag.childNodes:
	iTargetTag.appendChild(iChild)

# it prints me that there is only one child node
for iChild in iSourseTag.childNodes:
	print iChild.toxml()

i'm not sure, whether i append child nodes in properly way, but IMHO it looks like a bug.

My question is how to avoid the "iSourseTag" changes while iterate its nodes?

And, of course, how to append all child nodes to "iTargetTag"?

Thank for any help.

--
Maksim Kasimov