classes and functions

Nicholas Parsons parsons.nicholas1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 18:01:19 EST 2007

Hi Claire,

That is the beauty of using Python.  You have a choice of using
classes and traditional OOP techniques or sticking to top level
functions.  For short, small scripts it would probably be overkill to
use classes.  Yet the programmer still has classes in his tool chest
if he/she is writing code that is going to be reused in larger
projects.  In contrast, languages like Java force you into doing
everything with classes.

Another good resource to read is "Learning Python" by Mark Lutz and
David Ascher if you want to learn more about python.

Hope this helps...

--Nick