merits of Lisp vs Python

Paul Rubin http
Thu Mar 8 20:40:15 EST 2007

John Nagle <nagle at animats.com> writes:
>      There's denial in the Python community that this is a problem,
> but it is.  The Ruby on Rails people get it; they work to provide a
> seamless experience for web developers.  Which is why their market
> share is way up over two years ago.

I do know that a big Perl site that I hang out on (but am not involved
with the software for) decided to redo its software and had a big
discussion of what to use.  Python/Django was a serious contender but
in the end they chose Ruby on Rails.  I didn't pay too close attention
to the exact rationale but it was somewhat disappointing and yet
unsurprising.