Unicode zipping from Python code?

Leo Kislov Leo.Kislov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 23:31:27 EDT 2007

On Mar 26, 12:21 am, durumdara <durumd... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As I experienced in the year 2006, the Python's zip module is not
> unicode-safe.

I'd rather say unicode file names are not supported. Why? Because zip
format didn't support unicode file names upto 2006.

> With the hungarian filenames I got wrong result.
> I need to convert iso-8859-2 to cp852 chset to get good result.

So you solved the problem, didn't you?

> As I see, this module is "a command line tool" imported as extension.
>
> Now I search for something that can handle the characters good, or
> handle the unicode filenames.

You said you've got good result, so it's not clear what do you want.

> Does anyone knows about a python project that can do this?
> Or other tool what I can use for zipping intern. characters?

Zipping is only half of the problem. How are you going to unzip such
files?

  -- Leo