Watching a file another app is writing

Gordon Airporte JHoover at fbi.gov
Mon Mar 12 03:25:48 EDT 2007

Nick Vatamaniuc wrote:
  > You might need to look at pywin32 for Windows specific ways to listen
> to "file changed" event.
>
> On Unix a quick shortcut would be to simply read the output of 'tail -
> f <file>' command...

Ah, I forgot I have Cygwin installed, so I do have tail. Unfortunately
Windows will not let most programs save to the file while tail is
watching it, and when I force it with vim :w! the output from tail -f
does not update. Maybe I'm using it wrong.
Well, off to dig through windows documentation. Then I have to figure
out how to write and event loop for the shell.