organizing collections of small modules

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Mar 25 14:37:55 EDT 2007

En Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:44:54 -0300, Eric S. Johansson <esj at harvee.org>
escribió:

> I have a bunch of small modules that I use within my application.  Most
> of these modules are single file modules.  Currently, I have them set up
> as stand-alone modules but because it's a royal pain to fetch five or 10
> of these modules for each application and tracking whether or not they
> are all up to date, I'm considering putting them all into one collection
> (rcsoc  a.k.a. random cross-section of code[1]) so it's easier to load,
> install, and manage.
>
> Are there better techniques for managing collections of modules in 2.4
> or later?

Take a look at "source code management" (or software configuration
management).
Using CVSNT by example: you keep a full history of all module changes; you
can retrieve any source as it was in a given time; you can organize your
code into "modules" (higher order modules than python modules) that you
can combine into projects.

--
Gabriel Genellina