SQLAlchemy and Oracle Functions?

Greg Copeland gtcopeland at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:20:00 EST 2007

On 8 Mar, 15:35, "Giles Brown" <giles_br... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 Mar, 22:19, "Greg Copeland" <gtcopel... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm using SQLAlchemy and have a need to call an Oracle function; which
> > is not the same as a stored procedure.  Can this be done directory or
> > indirectly with SQLAlchemy?  If so, can someone please provide an
> > example?  If not, how do I obtain the raw cx_Oracle cursor so I can
> > use callfunc directly on that?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Greg
>
> http://www.sqlalchemy.org/docs/sqlconstruction.myt#sql_whereclause_fu...
> ?
>
> SQLAlchemy has its own google group
>
> http://groups.google.co.uk/group/sqlalchemy
>
> You could try asking there too.
>
> Giles

I think I spoke too soon!  Are SQL functions which have out arguments
not allowed?  I get:
sqlalchemy.exceptions.SQLError: (DatabaseError) ORA-06572: Function
blah has out arguments.

Seems google is having problems right now too.  I tried to join but it
just times out so I am currently unable to post to the sqlalchemy
google group.

Anthing special I need to do to call an Oracle function via the func
method, which also has output parameters?

Greg