why brackets & commas in func calls can't be ommited? (maybe it could be PEP?)

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Wed Mar 21 11:52:26 EDT 2007

dmitrey wrote:

> Hi all,
> I looked to the PEPs & didn't find a proposition to remove brackets &
> commas for to make Python func call syntax caml- or tcl- like: instead
> of
> result = myfun(param1, myfun2(param5, param8), param3)
> just make possible using
> result =  myfun param1 (myfun2 param5 param8) param3
>
> it would reduce length of code lines and make them more readable, + no
> needs to write annoing charecters.

This is not true, there is no shorter code lines:

foo bar baz
foo(bar,baz)

And the "more readable" part certainly depends on the habits of the user -
to me, it's harder to read.

Apart from that, even if both statements were true, I doubt there is even
the slightest chance of including it - after all, you'd have to keep around
the "old" way of doing things anyway, and thus you'd end up with two styles
of coding - certainly _not_ something anybody in the python developer
community is interested in.

Diez