Searching comp.lang.python/python-list at python.org (was: UTF-8)

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Sat Mar 10 09:50:28 EST 2007

    Olivier> About this mailing list: it is very hard to search. I can't
    Olivier> find any search field on the page:
    Olivier> greatly appreciate if you moved that list over to google, for
    Olivier> instance, so that it be both searchable and rss-feedable.

To start with, the list isn't going to move.  However, you have all sorts of
search options.

    1. Google - search for

          site:mail.python.org python-list utf8

    1a. python-list at python.org is gatewayed with the Usenet newsgroup
        comp.lang.python.  That means you can visit

          http://groups.google.com/

        and search for

          group:comp.lang.python utf8

    2. GMane - go to

          http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.general

       and search for

          utf8

    3. Free Network Group - go to

          http://archives.free.net.ph/splash/index.en.html

       select Python group and/or python-list mailing list and search for

          utf8

As for RSS, try ASPN:

    feed://listserv.activestate.com/rss/python-list-rss1.0.xml

I could keep going, but I'll stop there.

Skip