Graphviz Python Binding for Python 2.5 on Windows?

Nick Vatamaniuc vatamane at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:39:35 EST 2007

On Mar 5, 5:16 pm, "Alex Li" <likw... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to use Python 2.5 on Windows with Graphviz to generate
> graphs.  I used yapgvb but it only requires Python 2.4 (won't work
> with Python 2.5).  Other packages like pydot seems to be unmaintained
> or requires custom building to be used on Windows (pygraphviz), which
> I tried to avoid.  Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Alex

Alex,
You can always pipe your dot file directly to the dot or neato
executables using the subprocess method then read the output. This way
you don't have to install yapgvb or other adapters and it will work
with Python 2.5. But you will need to compose your dot file as a giant
character buffer...
-Nick V.