os.path.isfile with *.tar.gz

Boudreau, Emile Emile.Boudreau at cognos.com
Thu Mar 15 15:11:02 EDT 2007

Hello All,
	I'm new to Python and it looks like people that post here do get
a good answer back so I figured I'd try my luck.

I'm trying to check a directory to see if there is a file that has the
name "startOfString" + some version number + "inst.tar.gz"
(component-8.3.16-inst.tar.gz) The version number will change quite
frequently so I just want to check if there is a file with that format
name.

I have tried variations of: os.path.isfile( os.path.join("C:\\temp\\",
"rqp-win32-app", "*.tar.gz"))
but nothing seem to work. Does anyone have suggestions on how I could
get this to work?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Emile

     This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so.  Thank you.